Following up on the previous blog post where we discussed the importance of a company’s strong work ethic,
this time we’ll talk about employees development and career growth in a company.
How can you motivate your employee’s to be more productive and happy at work? That’s a the question all managers are asking themselfs, because demotivated employees will only make them ineffective, less committed, and more likely to leave the company. Therefore, employees have the tendency to stay longer in companies if they believe they are an integral part of the learning development process. By valuing their talent and recognizing it as something to improve in every stage of the career development, the team will feel appreciated by the company.
This leads to the fact that Individuals and teams need trainings and assistance throughout their careers to grow their skills and continue to perform effectively. In the following sections, we’ll discuss the importance of employees development and what kind of activities our company is providing through the year.
The importance of employees development
“The only thing worse than training your employees and having them leave, is not training them and having them stay.” – Henry Ford, Founder, Ford Motor Company.
Еmployee’s development means maximizing employee’s talents and abilities while also assisting them in becoming stronger and growing within your organization.
Employees with a strong set of skills have more self-confidence and self-esteem in knowing what it takes to do in their tasks and responsibilities. Having more confidence reduces stress, helps employee’s in minimizing stress, and allows them to solve problems easily. Overall, good skills help to create a stronger, more connected, and happier team, which leads to higher productivity.
Axapta Master organizes various activities such as trainings, team-buildings, and workshops to help employees develop their personal and professional skills, and advance in their careers.
Tips for employee’s development
We’ll look at several areas of employee’s development in this section, as well as some practical tips for the managers on how to get the best out of the employee’s and achieve th goals:
- Identifying Training Needs – knowing where to start when it comes to developing your employee’s skills can be the most difficult part. Speak with them, watch them work, and simply asking the proper questions can often show your employee’s knowledge and skill gaps;
- Choosing the Most Appropriate Training Methods – it might be difficult to achieve the perfect balance between different learning styles that will appeal to everyone. For example, in the 70:20:10 method, 70% of learning occurs through experience, such as everyday tasks; 20% occurs through conversations with others, such as coaching; and 10% occurs through traditional training courses;
- Coaching – having calm one-on-one conversations with your employees should be used to close any performance gaps. Having these conversations will help recognize a variety of difficulties and addressing performance problems;
- Team-Building Activities – team-building exercises can help you improve teamwork and uncover people’s capabilities and weaknesses in a fun and effective way. If you decide to run one, be sure the activity you choose is appropriate for your training goals.
Why personal skills like presentation and communication skills are important and have an impact on everyday work?
Personal skills are essential for workplace success because they allow you to collaborate effectively with employers, colleagues, and clients. Those with great interpersonal skills can clearly explain their ideas and listen to others. They also have a positive work attitude, which is essential for any healthy company culture.
This time our colleague Irina, reminded us why it is important for every employee to know how to present themself, the essentials of an effective presentation and which communication skills are most important for clients, and colleagues.
“Aside from investing in the technical skills of our employees, we also spend time developing the people skills that help each employee to reach their full potential. Me being there as an HR specialist to “remind” them of that throughout workshops and training makes my day worthy.”
– Irina Kuzevska, – HR & Recruitment Specialist.
Tips for successful communication with clients, superiors, and colleagues
- Clearly define the responsibilities and work tasks;
- Work on building personal relations and maintaining relationships, whenever possible make a call instead of only a written message;
- Solve the problem at the level of which is created, do not go directly to the highest level;
- Inform them on time for changes in case of absence or the problem you expect with clear and precise reasons.
3 Steps for effective self-presentation
- Summarize your professional work position – the first sentence of the self-presentation should contain a name and a job position or work experience;
- Elaborate your experiences and achievements – adjust this part of the introduction to emphasize the details that are relevant to the face with whom you are talking;
- Finish with an introduction to the next part of the conversation – introduce yourself short and clear and end with what you want to happen next.
Effective teamwork and workplace stress management
Irina also organized a workshop about effective teamwork and workplace stress management and helped us with practical tips for dealing with stress at work.
Everyone who has ever worked, at some point, felt the pressure of work-related stress. Even if you enjoy your job, it can be stressful sometimes. But when work-related stress becomes chronic, it can become overwhelming, causing physical and emotional harm.
Tips on how to deal with stress at work
- Find out what is stressful for you and what is beneficial;
- Talk to your supervisor;
- Take time to charge the batteries;
- Take care of your physical health.
Effective teamwork is important not only for the organization to succeed but also for the well-being of the people.
Elements of effective teamwork
- Open communication – that’s when all sides can express ideas to each other, such as in conversation or debate;
- Clear directions and goals – SMART criteria (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-Bound);
- Efficiency – a strong and cohesive team develops systems that enable effective cooperation for the timely execution of tasks;
- Support – having a strong team environment is essential because you can help and support each other to improve your performances.
In the end, we can summarize that the main purpose of employees development is to generate happy employees who will provide the highest level of productivity and will produce a positive change in the functioning of the organization.
If you are interested to work in a company that offers constant upgrading of your knowledge and to be a part of a team with which you can always achieve your goals and tasks, Axapta Masters is a real choice for you.
Check out our career page and the open vacancies and don’t hesitate to apply.